Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jarrett's first Christmas

Hope everyone is having/had a blessed Christmas day. We finally got a little sneg(snow) just enough to cover the dulness of this time of year. We had a feast at the home of one of the members here. All the missionaries (9 of us) were invited plus some of our leaders. It was a very nice gathering. We have been to the center of town three nights this week to sing and pass out invitations to the public. We have had several people who wish to know more about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is always great to see people want the Lord in their life.
Jarrett ,pun'kin, great nannie misses you! (and the rest of you too)

The country is beautiful. Lots of mountains. Very clean and neat. Very few rundown buildings and those that are, if they are fit to live in, are clean and neat looking on the outside. I am sleeping on a sofa bed in a shared room. It is more comfortable than I thought and they made it clear that they are getting me a bed. I think the sofa is fine so I told them I wouold let them know if I need a bed.

Being a fairly large European city, there is a considerable amount of the CENTER (of the city) that is not open to any thing but pedestrian and permitted delivery vehicles. This makes for a very good area for families to stroll and browse. The booths are regular shop buildings, the ground is paved with granite or tile and the buildings are very ornate, and there are churches and other types of buildings. There are several bridges in this one. There are lots of vendors of all types depending on the season.

Please don't forget to answer my e-mail I just sent to some of you because i need to know who is getting my mail and who isn't.
God bless you everyone!

10 comments:

TheyCallMeMom said...

I see you made it..

glad you are doing well

Merry Christmas!

Amy Levasseur said...

Hi Marge - Glad to here all is well Merry Christmas :) we miss you. Take care Love Amy and the Levasseurs

aNdY92 said...

hi nannie,we luv u and miss u

Kathy said...

You sound great and busy. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Love you!

Robbie Ripley said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having a good time. Sounds like the city is a lot more interesting than things here in S.P. :)

Miss and Love you!!

DeeDee said...

Hi Marge!

Hope things are well there. It's great to hear you're having a good time and Christmas was good. We miss you back home, but are so proud of you!

Love ya!
DeeDee

Gramma Young said...

Hey Marge,
I haven't been onto your blog until now, & I don't remember getting your e-mail on Christmas day. I hope you are still as happy & comfy as you seemed at that time.
We have had discussions lately about how much we miss you & all that you do to make life easier for those around you!!!

Love Ya!
Linda

soyeris said...

Hi Marge, I miss you. Your countryside is breathtakingly beautiful. I'm glad you're doing well. This is the first time I've seen your blogspot. I enjoyed the music! Eris

Kathy said...

Ok... it's been a while. Are you still out there? I'm sure you are busy but it would be good to hear from you once in a while just to know if you are ok. We are still getting snow, but that is what we usually get in February. You will have to let me know what the weather is like there. Love you!

chrisdoyle said...

Hi Marge, I just wanted to wish you well on your mission. I didnt even know you had left. It looks like a beautiful place and sounds like a beautiful bunch of people. God bless you and keep you safe.