Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome The Christmas Season

If you got an e-mail that there is something new on my blog, remember that I am counting on you to notify others about it .

Well I finally got back into the posting area of this blog. I am on " visa delay" status with the mission right now. My new fly date is December 22nd. This has really provided a great opportunity for me to learn the language. I am in the young missionaries full language program with classes at least 8 hours a day plus gym.
Pretty intense and I am tired but getting a lot out of it. We have great devotionals and firesides every week and the spirit and enthusiasm of every one is very uplifting. They don't try to hide the fact that it will be very dificult, but we all feel and know we are doing the Lord's work and we are ready for it and it is worth it.
He is in charge and the work will go forward.

I went shopping yesterday and got a new winter coat and a pair of very expensive and according to every one very comfortable shoes which I wore for an hour and a half last night and they KILLED My feet. I haven't worn them outside so I can take them back but that is probably going to wait till next Tuesday.
the coat is great and the other little things I needed were easily acquired. the lady who took me shopping was a very active and kind 73 yr old. She drove great.

We had a great time.

Last night at the fireside I ended up seated beside (Me-shall )(sp) Knowles!! I got there late and was really bumed about that but was trying not to fuss and just go with the lord's timing. If things had gone as I had hoped I would not have sat where I did and we might never have gotten together.

I consider his dad a very dear acquaintence and brother in the Gospel so I want to let the dad and mom know he is doing just fine, looks great, is in great spirits and anxious to get in the field doing the work. We will be serving in adjoining missions but will probably not see each other while we are serving. He is from the Auburn Ward.

Love you all and lahko noch
Vem da Bog Zivi in nas ljubi.
10:30 bed time

2 comments:

Carole said...

My son's name is Michel, which is Michael in French. So very nice to read about him Sister Ripley. Tell him I love him. Thank you for serving your mission. Merry Christmas.
Sister Knowles

TheyCallMeMom said...

Miss you lots..